Press Play to Listen Now. Scroll Down for More Resources.
There are 360,000 books on diet and exercise on Amazon and, as Leslie says, they are perhaps best used as kindling for your barbecue. Free yourself! Good health—and we're talking about lifelong wellbeing—really comes down to a few essential things.
The 5 Steps (in Ridiculously Brief Detail)
- Be safe
- Eat real food
- Be part of an active community
- Don't sweat the small stuff
- DNA is not destiny! New studies show that healthy habits can reverse genetic risk factors
- Obesity as a social epidemic: The Spread of Obesity in a Large Social Network over 32 Years
- What nuns can teach us about longevity: Positive Emotions in Early Life
Why you shouldn't sweat the small stuff: Personality and Mortality in Old Age
- Music is by PremiumBeat
- Audio clip, "New Body" is from "Inside Amy Shumer"/Comedy Central
- The No-Mistake Zone with Leslie Michelson is produced by Lisa Sweetingham
- Post-Production is by Shelli Gonshorowski and Sarah Lebowitz
If you like The No-Mistake Zone, please subscribe, rate us, and spread the word!